Monday, November 2, 2009

who doesn't like brown with pink polka dots?

So I had been looking for something to put all my daughters clothes in, because I just had those rubbermaid drawer containers and I was getting sick of those, as she gets bigger so do her clothes, and those just weren't cutting it anymore. So I looked at Craigslist, just for the heck of it and I stumbled across this entertainment center-in the FREE section-I couldn't pass it up! So I got my brother and cousin to do the heavy lifting. My best friend came over and helped me, took about 8 hours of sanding and painting and to finish it. I took off the UGLY handles that were on it before and put on knobs I got at home depot. I also got a closet rod to hang in the center part with the doors.

Entertainment Center-FREE
18 knobs- $.97 ea.=$17.46 total
Closet Rod-$6.97
Paint-$19.85 [5 different colors]

total=$44.28


BEFORE

AFTER
[oh if you look closely on the left under the top big drawer, the bar across is missing, I actually got that replaced after I took the picture]



a picture of the closet rod.

1 comment:

  1. that is really darling, your hard work paid off. Lucky C.

    ReplyDelete